Guild rules and guidelines:
As a member of our guild you represent Tiwaz's Emissaries as a whole. Therefore, there are some rules and guidelines you are expected to follow.
Members are expected to:
- Conform to the Code of Conduct as set out by GOA.
- No harassment of other players
- No external programs that change the way the game works: macroing, in-game log parsers, 'radar', speed hacks. Zero tolerance
- Character names are expected to be in conformance with the RoC.
- Show respect to fellow players, and you will earn the respect of others.
- Be courteous and supportive. When someone makes a mistake, don't go about flaming him/her, try and be patient and explain how things
could have been handled better. Constructive criticism is the way to go, and try to not be patronising.
- Don't leave your group right after levelling unless you absolutely have to go. Check if anyone else is close to levelling and
stick around those extra 10 minutes.
- If you run into a problem with a fellow player you cannot solve yourself, don't be afraid to ask the help of an officer. They are
players with a great deal of experience with the game in general. Even if you decide to contact an officer in conflicting player's
guild yourself, please let us know about the problem, as that officer is likely to contact us in return.
- When participating in a hunt, listen to the raid leader and not to random people shouting 'orders'. Don't shout orders yourself,
but present it as a suggestion to the raid leader.
- When using Alliance Chat, you are expected to be aware of and to follow our Alliance rules. The latest rules can be found
- Don't bug people about stuff, and don't beg. When a group receives a nice item, remember, it's need before greed.
- If you do have a problem with the guild or one of it's members, please talk to me or any of the officers.
Officers will try and help solve the problem or discuss with the others as needed. If they can't help you, contact me, and I'll do my best.
- Wearing our guild emblem is not an absolute requirement at this point, but it is appreciated.
- At the very least, check the main news site regularly (twice a week) to keep up to date on guild matters. Participation on the forums is also
- When using the guild housing facilities, make sure you are aware of the house rules.
Promotion to Emissary rank:
The emissary rank is an important achievement. Getting your promotion means you have shown a certain dedication to the guild, and that as you have
shown to be able to play according to the guild's philosophy (see rules and guidelines above).
To get promoted, you must carry out 4 things:
- Find an item about the world of Midgard, this is level based, and the items needed, are:
||Pulsing Rotwood Heart (dropped by Weeping Willows in Myrkwood)
||Fire ant leg
||Firecloak (one-time drop)
||Flamecast Ring (one-time drop)
These items will be returned to you, they just need to shown to the officer.
To clarify, you only need to get one (1) of these items, based on what level you are.
If you are a crafter, you can instead choose to show the promoter a 400+ skill item you can make, or otherwise prove you have 400+ in your
tradeskill (for example through Chronicles/XML data). For promoters, shift + I the item to check who the item was made by.
- Log onto this site and take a look about.
The officer inviting you will have asked you for your e-mail address to create an account for you. If you did not receive an e-mail, contact
me at thorarintiwaz DOT org and I'll try and sort it out (be sure to mention character names).
- Say this line to the promoter: The bears were eating syrup.
- Finally, you need at least two vouches from current full members (Emissary and up). Try to have the vouches from online people,
as it will speed up the procedure.
It helps to have grouped with some guild members so they get to know you better than just from guild chat. People are more inclined to vouch
for people they know well.
Thorarin, GM of Tiwaz's Emissaries.