Tiwaz's Emissaries » The Weary Traveller's Inn » Where ya gonna play?

Create Guest Account (account required for posting) Log in
Thread started by Kindar New Messages 1 2
Falldorn

2005-01-12 09:07:59  -  Re: Where ya gonna play?
Im definately going to play on a PvP server aswell. Fooling around on PvP Server in the EU Beta atm.

2005-01-16 16:17:31  -  Re: Where ya gonna play?
if and when im gonna go PvP too
Mikoolo

2005-01-17 08:43:49  -  Re: Where ya gonna play?
so how many Tiwaz are going for WoW?

2005-01-17 15:55:30  -  Re: Where ya gonna play?
Mikoolo wrote:
"so how many Tiwaz are going for WoW?"

Quite a few..so far i know Shaniah and Gama is going to play.
Agreiloth is prolly fooling around too.
Jerelyn is joining up aswell, but dunno about her boyfriend (Tarrasque)
Thorarin? No idea..he has always been on some rampage, when its concerning Blizzard games :-P

Other non TE daoc friends are going to join WoW aswell....and of course me :-P
Daoc - Kindar Battlespirit - Norse Warrior *Inactive*
Age of Conan - Sanzor - Conqueror - *Inactive*
Tiste

2005-01-19 08:23:03  -  Re: Where ya gonna play?
I think its Daoc for me as well ... i enjoy daoc way more now then before all th whining ppl have left and just lots of ppl that enjoy the game ... gonna roll me a runemaster or sm for the fun of it i think tiste has seen his last days tbh im really starting to hate him =P=P otherwise im playing pyrd atm in tds trying to fix my friars template and runing around having a blast with my sorc ... cc almost makes me want to roll a healer .... never really thought that they had as much impact as they do =P=P ( someone here was playing thid and turned the tide for the silly alb forces ... unlike the rest of the sorcs i was using my mez=)=) ) so i guess it sad to see u leave but then if its not fun i would not force u to stay .. im enjoing myself and oping that daoc will keep up its pop ...see u all soon on Zendrik the uber spiritmaster=P=P

oh btw clerics are overpowered =D=D=D

2005-01-21 09:31:16  -  Re: Where ya gonna play?
Lol Tiste...you play alb on Pryd -_-
Sorc are fubared if you ask me..OPed in any case with TOA and NF.
Daoc really made my fun die, when NF came out. Everyone rolled Fotm chars, and 50% of server pop is albs.

You might be having fun with all the whining people quitted, but thats the extra people too, you requires on big raids or relics raids...go figure. With albs being high on both servers, none of hib or mids will get relics.

Mythic should imo start to look more into their game and balance is more. Its sick with all the flaws atm.
Skeggi

2005-01-21 13:59:39  -  Re: Where ya gonna play?
I'm kind of forced to play wow since most of my online and irl friends will play it...I guess more of you guys have that problem. I played a bit of the beta and wasn't exactly mind numbed by the greatness of the game. I think the reason this didn't happen is, becaus there isn't any (greatness of the game, not mind haha archeon)...sooo...there... :D

Kindar

2005-01-22 23:02:44  -  Re: Where ya gonna play?
Skeggi wrote:
"I'm kind of forced to play wow since most of my online and irl friends will play it...I guess more of you guys have that problem. I played a bit of the beta and wasn't exactly mind numbed by the greatness of the game. I think the reason this didn't happen is, becaus there isn't any (greatness of the game, not mind haha archeon)...sooo...there... :D"

Less QQ :-P
Prolly sucked for ya, since some lvl 60 orc pawned your ass on pvp server...our you got disfavoured for putting down grey con orcs :-P

Now admit..wow is pwnful ^^
Tiste

2005-01-25 13:55:46  -  Re: Where ya gonna play?
not really playnig alb that much tbh .. albs are not really that big any more on pyrd hibbies own there with the random middie ... but back to mid anyways .... warriors in RvR r0x0r =D=D=D=D

2005-01-27 09:01:56  -  Re: Where ya gonna play?
Camlann for hte win!

Atleast until WoW goes live... then you can find me same place as falldorn. Would be nice to meet more tiwaz guys in there ;-)
Ketorgerhall

2005-02-04 11:05:17  -  Re: Where ya gonna play?
Me and khrin playing on server3 atm alil, gonna play horde on a pvp server when releaes, looking forward to slaying some of the old daoc addicts :)
Agreiloth

2005-02-04 15:52:04  -  Re: Where ya gonna play?
Looks like some twz peeps have started on server 4, and I know Falldorn and friends are on the PvP server.

I'm seriously thinking about going horde for the PvP server, as everyone and their mother seems to go alliance, there needs to be balance ya know. Besides the community tends to be better when your the underdogs.

2005-02-04 18:15:53  -  Re: Where ya gonna play?
Pfft, don't go pvp server, its just an open invitation to be chain ganked by lamers who lvled up fast and spend all day camping lowby quest areas etc, in contested zones. PvE servers will still have battlegrounds, for teh fighting, and you can still raid enemy towns etc :)
Kindar

2005-02-05 02:51:59  -  Re: Where ya gonna play?
What Gama said...at this point i know about most lvls due to lvling 1 char pretty high. PvP servers will stink, unless your running around lvling with friends all the time. Solo your a "rp" cow.

Im pretty sure camping quest places are gonna be the big hit on PvP. Thats why im gonna play on a PvE server. Battlegrounds will pump in what i need for killing some people.

Just imagine for Warriors aswell...even most classes at lvl 20-30. You have to go to enemy side to get part or finish your quests. Believe me..they will be camped.
Agreiloth

2005-02-06 10:08:01  -  Re: Where ya gonna play?
Yeah I know kindy.. I used to play Shadowbane ;).

I'm gonna have chars on both a PvP and PvE server. I like the idea of never being safe and having to watch your back all the time... makes PvE more exciting :).

But we'll be a nice group of players since several of my friends are aiming for the PvP server as well. Just have to tell them about the corpse camping etc. so they'll create chars on the PvE servers as well. WoW will be their first MMO, so playing on a PvP server only could ruin their enjoyment when they hit level 25+.

2005-02-06 20:08:06  -  Re: Where ya gonna play?
if it's their 1st mmo, dont let them go pvp server, as you say it will only ruin mmo's for them they'll see the worst of the comunity tbh, lvl 30/40+ zerging around lvl 20ish noob areas, and as there is no punishment for dishonourable kills atm, its just not worth the bother of going there tbh ;)

get them on pve server where they can concentrate on the fun and not on the OMFG STUPID CORPSECAMPERS ON ME AGAIN crap ;)

also, im guessing pve servers will have a nicer comunity (camlann vs prydwen? ;P) which is good ;P
Thorarin

2005-02-06 22:49:55  -  Re: Where ya gonna play?
Probably right on the community.
I'm playing PvP on beta.. It isn't as bad as Camlann is rumored to be, but it's worse than what I'm used to on DAoC.