Tiwaz's Emissaries » The Weary Traveller's Inn » The namefake issue...

Create Guest Account (account required for posting) Log in
Thread started by Elme New Messages 1 2
Elme

2004-06-03 06:30:05  -  The namefake issue...
Just to let you guys know what happend!

Falldorn feel free to correct anything..

As some of you know me and Falldorn encounted this guy called Namefake on island with BOM.
We had been camping there for quite some time, and had been pulling mobs for some time when he showed up and startet trying to convince us it was his BOM. Long story a lil shorter ,he stole last mob and hence stole artifact...

I contacted their GM and send the screenie. Where you clearly can see him stealing mob and getting artifact (screenie is with log).

This is what Rockcrusher (gm of rabid badgers)
replied to me:

Sorry for the long delay in replying but I've been away.

you screen shot appears to show that Namefake stole a mob from you.
unfortunatly for you it was one that dropped the artifact item.
I personaly know that namefake had been on that island for the last hour
approxmately. It is possible to have more than one person killing these
things from experence and not be aware of each other. As there is a Atifact
invovled and becuase it's possible to both start the encounter un aware of
each other, and you have not supplied anything showing what was said etc
before this incident then I feel that this is beyond my abilities to make a
judgement and suggest you refer this to GOA as a breach of COC detailing the
full import of the event i.e. it was an artifact encounter. they will be
able to come to a decsion that I can not.

Rockcrusher

Here is my reply to him:

Hmmmm well yes i can a will probably report this to GOA then.

However i now see a lot things that dont match, and frankly that makes me kinda sad.

First time i talked to you. You said you were sure he had been on island for 1½ a hour, he claimed he had been there for 2 hours. Now you say for sure 1 hour, and even admit he stole a mob from us which even dropped an artifact. And you then tell me as GM you cant/wont do anything about about it????

I actually dont care about the artifact or what GOA is going to do about it... But what surprises meand makes me kinda sad is, that a GM wont take any actions on such issuse as Namefake CLEARLY broke the rules. And also acted VERY disrespectfull towards me and my guildfriend! (however i dont have screenies of that).

The even more scary part was when i startet bitching over Namefake on guildchannel more people told me he had done things like this before!

Im not telling you how to run your guild, im just pointing out to you that one rotten apple can often ruin a whole basket of fine apples.

If you want details of other insidents with Namefake scamming ill be happy to pass any info on to you.

And when you think of it, where is Namefakes screenies??? If it was me who was being scammed i would make screenies as i did! Where is Namefakes logs/SS to back up his story?

Dont you find it wierd all he has is his story??? Btw i would also LOVE to hear his story...

Did he say anything about us even talk to each other or did we just suddenly bumb into eachother and he accidently killed our mob???

/Arakan

If someone had ANYTHING to add please lemmi know...
As i said in reply to Rockcrusher i dont care about artifact i care about such a moron on the loose!

Elme

2004-06-03 11:33:44  -  Re: The namefake issue...
Rockcrushers reply:

no I said from the ssshot you gave it would appear that he stole your mob
how ever i was expect a little more than a single screen shot i would have
liked to seen what happened before that, for all i know you could have
rocked up to the island i pulled the last mob before he could have not that
I am saying you have but it's a possiblity, and in those circumstances I
myself might have done the same thing. I simply telling you there isn't
enough evidance one way or another for me to be able to make a decsion. As
for the timings i didn't note down what time i dropped him off out of the
boat and want time you complained however i remember him yelling for joy the
encounter was up before i started on the ML2 encounters and it was sometime
later you both spoke to me. (measureable in hours).

My point no screenies not they are concrete evidance. My point was GOA would
have more than enough evidance to come to a conculsion.

hmmm as your the first ever complaint i had about namefake. I can't comment.
however i think thats the guy it not what i'd call real positive
identifcation.

My reply:

The part where you say me and my guildie "could have rocked up the island and pulled last mob"
That simply because it is a POSSIBILITY, you look the other way when your guildmembers break the rules???

So by your thought its ok for your guildmembers to break rules if there is the slightest possibility that others have..

I find that VERY sad.... but hey its your guild not mine!

I guess from now on, i need to take a SS every 30 sec a Rabid Badger comes near me?
Just so i will have some "clear evidance" maybe even tape a video every time i play near a rabid badger???

Well to the GM you are who cant make a decision, i can send you the other 2 Screenshots i got. However only thing i think you see on those is me and guildie bitching in danish over Namefake wacking dark protectors...

P.S. i would also LOVE to see ANY indication from Namefake that we did some of all this you say was a possibility, or you still think i just cooked up a story over nothing???

I find it funny/wierd that if he felt he was about to be scammed he didnt make any SS or log, and i made 3 SS dont you?????

/Arakan

Kindar

2004-06-03 11:57:37  -  Re: The namefake issue...
I really gotta say that artifact dropping is some deep shit, made by Mythic. Why on earth does it have to drop on the ground, and everyone is able to grab it. Should be like with normal loot, so the grp that killed the mob has the "rights" on the loot.

Sigh..i just hope it will get fixed, and surely i hope you get your BoM back...and maybe some warning to Namefake.
Daoc - Kindar Battlespirit - Norse Warrior *Inactive*
Age of Conan - Sanzor - Conqueror - *Inactive*
Thorarin

2004-06-03 12:28:14  -  Re: The namefake issue...
No matter what happens, GOA won't give them a belt, it's not in their policy. What will happen is that the offender might get warned and suspended, possibly even banned after several offenses. They might also take the belt from him, but if they do, they will just destroy it.

I can understand Rockcrusher's position on this, I sometimes have the same problem. If someone complains about a guildie of yours, you want the problem solved, but on the other hand you don't want to mouth off at someone without being absolutely sure about what happened. In the case of BotM, it is indeed possible to be unaware of eachother for extended time while pulling protectors.

When you start the encounter, I would advise anyone to circle the island once, at least then you're reasonably sure you're the only one pulling.

You should probably report this to GOA, especially since it isn't the first time this guy has gotten into a conflict. They will need the exact date and time, so if you have a clock on your screenshots, that helps (mention your timezone), otherwise you might check the creation date of the screenshot files to find out the date and time.

If he really stole the last protector while you started pulling first, it's considered griefing by GOA. Like I said, you won't get compensated, but he might get suspended, making him think twice before pulling such a stunt again.

2004-06-03 14:44:39  -  Re: The namefake issue...
what about to never help an rabbid badger if they call us to rezz,help,grp,buff and more??? until they have given the thing back??
Edited by Mikoolo on 2004-06-03 14:45:26
Skeggi

2004-06-03 15:32:39  -  Re: The namefake issue...
No, I've never had any problems with any rabid badgers before, so no need to nag on the entire guild...yet...If these issues keep coming Rockcrusher's way he should take action and kick Namefake from RB imo, or we start ignoring them.

Thorarin

2004-06-03 17:09:32  -  Re: The namefake issue...
The only time I had problems with (someone in) Rabid Badgers was when Ruathian was in it ;)

2004-06-03 17:31:28  -  Re: The namefake issue...
Thorarin wrote:
"The only time I had problems with (someone in) Rabid Badgers was when Ruathian was in it ;)"

Awww...i liked Ruathian :-P
Daoc - Kindar Battlespirit - Norse Warrior *Inactive*
Age of Conan - Sanzor - Conqueror - *Inactive*
Elme

2004-06-04 06:14:20  -  Re: The namefake issue...
his reply: (which is where i nail him afterwards)

Innocent till proven otherwise, what you have shown me is not enough for me.

My reply:

hmmmm that actually proves my point!

I have SS where you see him breaking rules, all he has is a story about it was his mob...

Hence im innocent and he is guilty!

Just as YOU SAID!
Elme

2004-06-04 14:14:27  -  Re: The namefake issue...
FARKKKING HELL they are morons...

Oh well here is his last reply. I will not write to him again since those morons are hopeless, ill just but all rabid badgers i see on ignore..

Rockcrusher:

at this stage your both innocent.

GOOOOOOOOD he is a moron... how can Namefake be innocent since he allready agreed i have a sceenie of Namefake stealing a mom????
Skeggi

2004-06-04 18:47:06  -  Re: The namefake issue...
Best reply to these instances as calm as possible m8, if you make an angry and upset impression, no-one will take you serious...anyway...yup m8, it sucks :(

Thorarin

2004-06-04 19:11:29  -  Re: The namefake issue...
I doubt a screenshot can prove you were there first, which is what he is referring to. It's almost impossible to prove, so all you can do is listen to each person's story. When I handled the conflict between Namefake and Juj I noticed his stories had some inconsistencies in them, so to me it was pretty clear who to believe, however I can't blame the RB GM for not taking this as irrefutable proof, I probably wouldn't either.

I would keep it in mind, give him a warning that someone has been complaining about him, possible ways to avoid such situations, and so on. I would not at such a point kick him from the guild, which is what you seem to be after.
If the incident were repeated with some other individual after the original occurrence, that would probably be enough for any guild to act with more rigorous actions.
This is what happened with Namefake in Nazgul, and it seems likely this will happen again in Rabid Badgers. Don't judge an entire guild just because they don't take your side of the story as absolute truth without having any past experiences with this individual. He's only been in the guild for a short period of time.

We've had a few rotten apples in our guild in the past, it takes a while for a guild to realise that, I hope you can understand.

2004-06-06 10:01:49  -  Re: The namefake issue...
I do understand that and i will not talk to any of them anymore...

I just dont wanna see him or anyone else saying you can be completely innocent, when i have hard facts that Namefake stole a mob.

If he thinks im wrong he also mean i was trying to steal an encounter and hence make me an scammer/cheater!

AND THAT DOES PISS ME OF!!!

But hey i guess he will find out soon enough, i dont think Namefake is done with his scamming...

And if Rockcrusher dont wanna look more into it, its gonna reflect on the guild as he is GM!

Ill be the first in line to laugh at him and guild WHEN Namefake is kicked!
Edited by Elme on 2004-06-06 10:03:03
Thorarin

2004-06-07 11:32:09  -  Re: The namefake issue...
Elme wrote:
"I do understand that and i will not talk to any of them anymore...
I just dont wanna see him or anyone else saying you can be completely innocent, when i have hard facts that Namefake stole a mob."
Apparently you don't understand :p

2004-06-08 07:30:47  -  Re: The namefake issue...
Basically it all comes down to one fact. Its impossible for any of us (Arakan/Falldorn vs. Namefake) to prove they were at the island first.

I only know from the time I spend on that island, that we had been there for 2 hours - and around all the 3 islands for longer than that. Not once did I see Namefake.

If he was on that island, he should know better than to camp on the other side where hardly anyone ever comes around. Most normal place to be would be close to the ramp so other ppl can see you.

Anyways, both me and Arakan have out Belt of Moon now, so we can move on.

I kinda hope that Namefake will do the same stunt when I go to the island to get the encounter for my spiritmaster though. Then I'll be sure to make tons of screenies, and not times, dates, loc and what-not. ;)

Lets just leave this matter be. This is afterall a game, and all games have morons playing it.

2004-06-08 23:00:11  -  Re: The namefake issue...
Falldorn wrote:
"all games have morons playing it."

Yeh! like me! :D

Grilf

2004-06-21 20:52:59  -  Re: The namefake issue...
Erm... Ruathian (Gah, It's late, and I can't spell..) that name brings back memories.......

Rabid Badgers probably have had very few problems with themselves, except for him! :-)

<Waves from a distant place>

I hope everyone is having a good time...

2004-06-21 21:52:20  -  Re: The namefake issue...
Grilf! Save us!! Thorarin has been pimping us out :(
Grilf

2004-06-22 14:31:07  -  Re: The namefake issue...
I'm surprised that he could find any customers... who did he put outside the shop window... It can't have been Arch or Gama...
Edited by Grilf on 2004-06-22 14:31:18
Gama

2004-06-22 16:13:05  -  Re: The namefake issue...
Grilf wrote:
"I'm surprised that he could find any customers... who did he put outside the shop window... It can't have been Arch or Gama..."

Whaddaya mean by that? >:P
1 2