Tiwaz's Emissaries » Hunts & Raids » [Hunt]Tuesday 20th - Iarnvidiurs Lair

Create Guest Account (account required for posting) Log in
Thread started by Archeon New Messages  
Archeon

2004-04-19 11:52:02  -  [Hunt]Tuesday 20th - Iarnvidiurs Lair
More a hunt 'For Fun' than anything else. The general idea is to get all the way to Iarn, never having been myself and too lazy to find screenshots I’m curious as to what he looks like. So, there is a map here its quite big and it'll take a while to load up but it shows the route we'll be going and the stuff we'll be wtfpwning for those who are curious. Once we take Iarn himself depending on how things are going we'll either work our way out or find more named mobs to kill.

Leaving From: HagallLeaving At: 19:30 CET, 18:30 GMTOn: Tuesday, 20 – 04 – 2004Level Req. 40+ (I am flexible on this though, ask before-hand if you want to come along but your not lvl40. I'll try to give an answer before Tuesday)

As with the TG raid we'll need a good assortment of classes. If your 40+ and want to have some fun then come along. This is also a good opportunity for those with artefacts which level from the types of mobs we'll be killing (mostly plant type)

Most drops will be RoG (I’m not sure if any of the named mobs drop specific items or just more RoG) so mostly salvage loot. Not sure if we'll need to lotto but I’ll go on the assumption we don't - if you get a drop and you'll only salvage it if you keep it I think it goes without saying to offer it to others before you do.

= = = = =
Also going to start trying to make Tuesdays into regular PvE raids going to various high level PvE locations (for example: TG - and when I learn more about them, the ToA areas). So consider this the start of a 'Mod' System in terms of lottery rolling. I’m planning on having it work something like this...

Attending the Raid: showing up, whether you stay for the whole raid or not isn't a factor. As long as you attend you will get the bonus.
5pts
Being On-Time: so there is no confusion, this will be by my clock. Nobody else’s. If you’re late, you’re late. Exceptions will not be made.
5pts
Not 'Winning' an Item: Fairly self-explanatory
10pts

Special Guy Award:
5pts

For those who do not know, a 'Mod' system is a system where-by you can get a better chance on your lottery rolls. For example, Person X has been on no prior guild raids. He has no Mod Points. He may roll /Random 100 on the item he wishes to roll for. Person Y has been on 2 guild raids, from these he has accumulated 25points. He may roll /Random 125 on the item he wishes, there in giving him a better chance of winning the item.
= = = = =

As usual if you’ve any questions please try to ask before the raid.

That’s pretty much it, I hope as many people as possible show up. It should be good fun and only take a couple of hours.

Falldorn

2004-04-19 12:33:42  -  Re: [Hunt]Tuesday 20th - Iarnvidiurs Lair
Oooh.. sounds like great fun.

I'll come with either Falldorn, or my savage Paxis (though he's only lvl 32 at the moment, so he'll probably not be high enough when we start)

2004-04-19 15:01:20  -  Re: [Hunt]Tuesday 20th - Iarnvidiurs Lair
I take it we have enough shammies, so i'll join with my warrior :-)
Daoc - Kindar Battlespirit - Norse Warrior *Inactive*
Age of Conan - Sanzor - Conqueror - *Inactive*
Skeggi

2004-04-20 06:28:59  -  Re: [Hunt]Tuesday 20th - Iarnvidiurs Lair
Archeon wrote:
"
Attending the Raid: showing up, whether you stay for the whole raid or not isn't a factor. As long as you attend you will get the bonus.
5pts
Being On-Time: so there is no confusion, this will be by my clock. Nobody else’s. If you’re late, you’re late. Exceptions will not be made.
5pts
Not 'Winning' an Item: Fairly self-explanatory
10pts

Special Guy Award:
5pts
"

I'm not sure about your first rule here, to get in the lotto, you need to attend to the raid anyway, right?

And what if there's a Special Girl?

Archeon

2004-04-20 08:11:48  -  Re: [Hunt]Tuesday 20th - Iarnvidiurs Lair
Skeggi wrote:
"I'm not sure about your first rule here, to get in the lotto, you need to attend to the raid anyway, right?"

Yes. Thought that went without saying :)

Skeggi wrote:
"And what if there's a Special Girl?"

Like I said, its just a rough outline atm. I've yet to give it l33t names and such.
Falldorn

2004-04-20 10:55:22  -  Re: [Hunt]Tuesday 20th - Iarnvidiurs Lair
I was wondering if Paxsis (lvl 33 savage) will have a chance in joining? If not, I can bring Khayman (lvl 36 healer) if needed, or Falldorn for damage.

2004-04-21 07:53:26  -  Re: [Hunt]Tuesday 20th - Iarnvidiurs Lair
Went pretty well, we wern't able to make it all the way to Iarn himself unfortunatly. I'd like to try it again, but not for some time in the distant future.

Aside from that it went alrightish - we even scored an Ancient Syver remains which imo we should replace that mouldy old bird with :)

On a side note, I know we didn't do a lotto but... well we only got 1 item and nobody seemed overly desperate to have it. But the following people are now how the following mods...

+20
Falldon (Special Guy Award: 20th April)

+15
Elme
Ambush
Kindar
Archeon
Alorah
Dalekon

If you want a breakdown of those its +10 for not winning anything, +5 for showing up - and in Falldon's case +5 from the special guy award for being the first to volenteer to go outside & give Kindar a /loc when he got lost :P
Edited by Archeon on 2004-04-21 15:44:37
Skeggi

2004-04-21 09:15:47  -  Re: [Hunt]Tuesday 20th - Iarnvidiurs Lair
Archeon wrote:
"If you want a breakdown of those its +10 for not winning anything, +5 for showing up - and in Falldon's case +5 from the special guy award for being the first to volenteer to go outside & give Kindar a /loc when he got lost :P"

Those points should be substracted from kindar ;p

Falldorn

2004-04-21 11:46:57  -  Re: [Hunt]Tuesday 20th - Iarnvidiurs Lair
Falldorn - "He's just your special kind of guy!"

2004-04-21 15:25:12  -  Re: [Hunt]Tuesday 20th - Iarnvidiurs Lair
Erm, can I be put on that nice point list too? I know I am not the most flashy guy around, but to completely forget I was there too hurts :(
Archeon

2004-04-21 15:45:25  -  Re: [Hunt]Tuesday 20th - Iarnvidiurs Lair
Sorry Dale, you'd think with tooti-fruiti coloured armour I would have remembered :)
Dalekon

2004-04-21 18:11:31  -  Re: [Hunt]Tuesday 20th - Iarnvidiurs Lair
Why else did you think I dyed it that way? :p

All that trouble and I'm still being forgotten. ;)
Skeggi

2004-04-22 05:56:37  -  Re: [Hunt]Tuesday 20th - Iarnvidiurs Lair
You're a skald, start singing annoying songs, like Kylie Minogue or something. They'll stick =)

Kindar

2004-04-23 16:45:13  -  Re: [Hunt]Tuesday 20th - Iarnvidiurs Lair
Archeon wrote:
"
If you want a breakdown of those its +10 for not winning anything, +5 for showing up - and in Falldon's case +5 from the special guy award for being the first to volenteer to go outside & give Kindar a /loc when he got lost :P"

I didn't get lost...just had a minor setback in my memories :-P
Was checking for Sariloc anyways too ^^
Daoc - Kindar Battlespirit - Norse Warrior *Inactive*
Age of Conan - Sanzor - Conqueror - *Inactive*
Edited by Kindar on 2004-04-23 16:45:42