Tiwaz's Emissaries » Hunts & Raids » Hunt Ideas of the PvE Flavour...

Create Guest Account (account required for posting) Log in
Thread started by Archeon New Messages  
Archeon

2004-04-09 14:34:02  -  Hunt Ideas of the PvE Flavour...
Well Ph34r (RvR) raids are sort of established now. Whether other RvR raids will be arranged i'll leave up to other people because i'm a lazy little bitch ;)

In any case, i'm looking to start PvE raids as well to the more interesting places. Anyone can go to Malmo and farm items, for example - last week we ran a highly sucsessful TG raid with a very 'limited' group (Storka was an outside 'puller' for us, but he was the only extra person - also I should note that Elme left just before we entered the spine room). The only reason we didn't clear the spine room was mostly time. With an extra few tanks we could have quite easily taken the place apart (and we did get a couple of items for our trouble ^_^)

In any case, i'd like to run more raids like this to area's we don't go to as often. For example - I recently downloaded a map of Iarnvidiur's Lair - I don't know about anyone else but i've never had the chance to see Iarnvidiur and from what I can tell a group could get to him relativly easily. Alright in that example there isn't much reward item wise apart from the incentive to experience new game content, and maybe get a shiney trophy to hang in the guild house (seems like everyones got a Gjap head these days ^_^) - but still, it might be an interesting change from 'port to emain, kill, get killed, release, port to emain, kill, get killed, release, port to emain...'

Others ideas are DG - I might say Trollhielm (the big worm past 'Rift' has apparently be done with 1fg - and again, it would be nice to hang these unique trophies in the guild house as proof of our accomplishments) though past hunts there would suggest we'd need a fair number of people.

Finally there would be ML - ML mob raids, the ML X.10 mobs can drop ML respec stones and the items from the chests are all lvl51 MP items, and there are some Trial mobs which drop legendary components (I noticed Sinovia seems to always drop a legendary component - atleast all 3 times i've killed it and I get the feeling we could kill her quite easily. Again with 1fg)

So who would be interesting in hunts like this? I might as well point it out now that this doesn't include Artifacts - Artifact raids suffer from two major problems in my eyes...

1. The encounter mob will not always be spawned.
2. They only benefit one person.

If you want an Artifact badly enough you shouldn't have any problem getting folks together yourself to do it ^_^

So again, who would be interested in things like this? And more importantly, if things like this were setup - would you come? As I mentioned on the TG raid last week, if we do get some form of regular PvE raids going I don't mind starting up a small 'Modifier' system for people to give them greater chances of winning items should they fail to win anything on previous raids.

Thats basically it, i'll say it one last time. Would you be interested in this? Please reply with an awnser - While I am god-like in many ways i've yet to master mind-reading. So I don't know what your thinking unless you tell me.

Thanks in any case.
Elme

2004-04-09 18:12:48  -  Re: Hunt Ideas of the PvE Flavour...
As i found the TG-raid REAL fun, im sure ill have as much as fun with these raids....

So in short.

IM IN!

/Elme
Kindar

2004-04-10 17:28:00  -  Re: Hunt Ideas of the PvE Flavour...
Im up for any kind of raid, be it pve or rvr. I have a minor thing about Iarnvidurs Lair thou...its pretty easy to get to him, but there is some floating orbs around him which nuke and dot. I was on a raid once and got to him alone. He hits for around 600 damage.
Daoc - Kindar Battlespirit - Norse Warrior *Inactive*
Age of Conan - Sanzor - Conqueror - *Inactive*
Skeggi

2004-04-13 05:46:00  -  Re: Hunt Ideas of the PvE Flavour...
You know me laddy, I'm in =)