Tiwaz's Emissaries » Hunts & Raids » Tuesday 6th - Guild TG Hunt

Create Guest Account (account required for posting) Log in
Thread started by Archeon New Messages 1 2
Archeon

2004-04-04 21:03:57  -  Tuesday 6th - Guild TG Hunt
Yes, you did read right. TG as in Tuscarian Glacier. For reference to the reason see This thread.

Meeting Location: Hagall
Time: 6:30pm (gmt) / 7:30pm (cet)
Level Req. To Be Decided

So anyway, obviously we can't expect to go to Forn and all that. We'll be trying our best to kill as many mobs as possible in the hopes they will drop Respec stones of the Single Line flavour, not to mention the various other TG drops which drop off the random mobs.

However, before we go we will certainly need a few classes...

- Atleast 2 Healers, 3 if we can manage it.
- 1 (maybe 2) Shaman outside the group. These roles can be played by semi-active bots, or fully active Shamans. It makes little real difference.
- 1 PBT RM - i'd like to play this part, but I don't mind stepping aside if sombody can supply an RM with 6sec PBT (theres always future raids for me to leech XP off :D)
- And the usual assortment of Tanks, hopfully we can get atleast 1 shield tank to hold aggro.

As long as we can get this solid core anything else can only help. So heres the general plan...

The Shaman, Single pulls mobs from Outside the group. Whether this Shaman is an active one, or a Bot is irrelevent. Infact low cave spec would be a definate advantage if it comes to getting aggro. When mobs are single pulled unless their specifically links (as is the case with Dominators) they'll come alone so there shouldn't be any kiting.

From that point its old skool PvE - tank with the shield taunts while the others get behind the mob (to negate Parry/etc) and beat it up.

Well go deeper and deeper until we either wipeout or decide to work our way out (except for the entrance TG mobs work on a 9hr repop time - roughly - so that shouldn't be too tough)

With regard to any actual stones(and/or items), seeing as there will be so few of us the easiest way is for everyone to just /random 100 at the same time - Highest roller picks his prize, then the next highest and so on.

As a note i'd like to add that for the time being atleast, only level 50's will be allowed to roll - reasoning behind this for those who would ask the question is simple. Its incentive for people to bring their lvl50's. If your below lvl50 you'll have to settle for XP, cash, and sell loot if you get any. (and yes, this rule does apply to myself as well)

With a hunt like this it would be very nice to see as many people attend as possible. We'll need every last set of hands we can get.

Group Core
Runemaster: Me(Replacable)
Shaman 1:
Shaman 2:
Healer 1: Skeggi
Healer 2:
Healer 3:
Shield Tank:

Please signup if you are able to attend with a particular class. classes in Italics would be nice, but shouldn't be overly necessary. Shaman spots could be taken by bots - however remember that they need to be outside of the group(s) and as such arn't likley to get any XP.
Edited by Archeon on 2004-04-04 22:50:01
Thorarin

2004-04-04 21:13:05  -  Re: Tuesday 6th - Guild TG Hunt
I should be able to make it, with whatever character I have.

2004-04-04 21:15:20  -  Re: Tuesday 6th - Guild TG Hunt
Me go for Healer unless you're desperate for a Shadowblade =)

Edited by Skeggi on 2004-04-04 21:16:33
Archeon

2004-04-04 22:55:24  -  Re: Tuesday 6th - Guild TG Hunt
Skeggi wrote:
"Me go for Healer unless you're desperate for a Shadowblade =)"

I think on this sort of raid Tanks are preferably over stealthers. Yes I know they deal as much damage, etc, etc...

However, as this is the first time I/We've tried somthing like this i'm a little nervous about whether it is doable or not. So i'd like to make sure we have the best odds possible.
Ralgedi

2004-04-05 08:43:28  -  Re: Tuesday 6th - Guild TG Hunt
Ill be there with either lequin/ralg and ill tag costa aslong as semi active BB :)

I dont want any stones, soo i wont roll for em, but fix me a sm and rm torso :)
Falldorn

2004-04-05 09:38:32  -  Re: Tuesday 6th - Guild TG Hunt
I'll join, with either Falldorn (50) or Khayman (35 healer)

Khayman only because you want healers, and mine needs exp :)

2004-04-05 09:56:47  -  Re: Tuesday 6th - Guild TG Hunt
35 is a bit low to my likings on TG :/

So Arch got any minimums yet?

Elme

2004-04-05 10:06:43  -  Re: Tuesday 6th - Guild TG Hunt
i'm in

"reasoning behind this for those who would ask the question is simple. Its incentive for people to bring their lvl50's. If your below lvl50 you'll have to settle for XP, cash, and sell loot if you get any"

That is IF i get Arakan or Elme to 50 before.
Ill go farm XP on Arak right now since he is easiest to level.
Edited by Elme on 2004-04-05 11:15:00
Gama

2004-04-05 10:56:31  -  Re: Tuesday 6th - Guild TG Hunt
I'll be there with my FotM mincer-killer ;)
Archeon

2004-04-05 11:23:20  -  Re: Tuesday 6th - Guild TG Hunt
It'd largly depend on Fall's Spec... By that I mean does s/he have 6sec PBT? (yes i'm going on about PBT, but its very important imo)

If the awnser is yes, then i'd ask you bring Fall - I can bring Archeon or Dynn instead of Tao and we'd be a little closer to having our core.

...However... that said if your not pbt specced you could probably argue that a lvl35 Healer could contribute more than a lvl50 RM... Tough call really, i'd like to hear other peoples opinions on this before I make any sort of decision.

I'd also like to restate that this is Not! a Plvl group.

Depending on how this raid turns out its likely we'll do runs into DG as well, and depending on how things go there it might change. However at the moment this is new ground for Tiwaz and as such i'll have to ask people to - atleast for the first few hunts - bring the best characters to benefit the group.

Once we get a general idea of what its like we can then decide on what we can and what we cannot do with regard to certain classes.

Put simply: Bring what you want, but bear in mind that some classes will perform better in certain situations than others.

Yes, this is 'leet' behaviour - and you might not agree with it. However, like I said - this is new ground for Tiwaz and i'd like to make sure we have the best chance we can of having a sucsessful raid. Atleast for the first time, after we get better at such things (and you can bet this won't be the last PvE raid like this if all goes well) we'll have a better idea of what we do and do not need. As such we can have more freedom with classes played.

Gonna shut up now, Hope to see you Tuesday ^_^
Skeggi

2004-04-05 14:27:42  -  Re: Tuesday 6th - Guild TG Hunt
Archeon wrote:
"Put simply: Bring what you want, but bear in mind that some classes will perform better in certain situations than others.

Yes, this is 'leet' behaviour - and you might not agree with it."

If using your brains is considered 'leet', I'm wondering what's next. OMG! You have an AMD 1.4 GHz! That's 2 slow m8, we have a 2 GHz minimum here. I mean, come on people, it's not like TG is a walk in the park.

Btw i just read http://www.tiwaz.org/forum/thread.asp?id=743 again and I came to the conclusion you still have to do a BIG raid ;p

And not on Sunday because apperantly your pc doesn't work on sundays as it's considered weekend ;p

Edited by Skeggi on 2004-04-05 14:34:33
Archeon

2004-04-05 14:37:23  -  Re: Tuesday 6th - Guild TG Hunt
Yes... my brain... ;)
Kindar

2004-04-05 14:55:01  -  Re: Tuesday 6th - Guild TG Hunt
Put me on as shield tank. Im pretty sure we are early done tomorrow, and i'll just camp some daoc comp for that time being ^^

Got Ip and Mob1, so should be decently to tank :-P
Daoc - Kindar Battlespirit - Norse Warrior *Inactive*
Age of Conan - Sanzor - Conqueror - *Inactive*
Falldorn

2004-04-06 06:41:29  -  Re: Tuesday 6th - Guild TG Hunt
Archeon wrote:
"It'd largly depend on Fall's Spec... By that I mean does s/he have 6sec PBT? (yes i'm going on about PBT, but its very important imo)"

Sadly I respecced to darkcarver a few weeks ago, so Falldorn is not PBT. I have never even been to TG, so I cant really judge what char would be best for the grp, you decide - I dont really care, I just want to be there :)

2004-04-06 10:15:37  -  Re: Tuesday 6th - Guild TG Hunt
Well..dark is good for damage add, right? :-P
Storka

2004-04-06 15:53:08  -  Re: Tuesday 6th - Guild TG Hunt
Id like to join with Storka (50 shammy), if room :). I dont mind pulling, although never done it before in TG. I got 38 cave or something so its np.
Edited by Storka on 2004-04-06 15:57:53
Kindar

2004-04-06 18:45:49  -  Re: Tuesday 6th - Guild TG Hunt
Couldn't join cause of payment. Don't have Visa, and couldn't get hold of friend who have it. Pretty annoying :-(
Skeggi

2004-04-06 22:04:55  -  Re: Tuesday 6th - Guild TG Hunt
Yay! We got a skald crown and gold weap enamel...we r teh 1337. Tbh drops are a bit low imo, i would like to see some more, and we could get some more if more ppl would come. Seriously i think TE can pwn TG. Even the bigger mobs. (Well except king&queen and mobs like hulrika perhaps)...but further we could have some nice stuff from here.

Archeon

2004-04-06 22:49:35  -  Re: Tuesday 6th - Guild TG Hunt
Considering our main assist & only shield tank was a gimpy dworf Thane (and we only had 2 other tanks when we entered Spine room) we did really well.

We could easily do this with some extra tanks+ proper support (lvl35 Khayman + 'mostly pac' Skeggi arn't exactly the stlongest Healers in thw world ^_^)

As for drops, I honestly think that was bad luck more than anything else. But all the same, it was a great raid - Thanks for all who showed up and helped prove we can wtfpwn with the best of them :)
Falldorn

2004-04-07 06:40:08  -  Re: Tuesday 6th - Guild TG Hunt
Archeon wrote:
"We could easily do this with some extra tanks+ proper support (lvl35 Khayman + 'mostly pac' Skeggi arn't exactly the stlongest Healers in thw world ^_^)"

What?! Im the best healer out there! Even at level 36 - I dinged on the raid remember! :)