Tiwaz's Emissaries » Hunts & Raids » Respec Stones...

Create Guest Account (account required for posting) Log in
Thread started by Archeon New Messages  
Archeon

2004-03-29 16:26:38  -  Respec Stones...
Idea popped into my mind a while ago... well, during an amusing little post farming session on FH with Gama.

Respec stones!

The above mentioned Shaman definatly needs one to say the least, but i'd imagine plenty of others could find uses for them. Be it selling them or using them.

So consider this a Poll of interest. Who would be interested in going hunting for these stones? Obviously we wouldn't be able to farm full stones from the Dragon unless some full scale dragon raid was organised. However SL&RA stones could be obtainable with a good group setup from either TG or DG...

also i'm not sure but I think I heard once that the MLX.10 encounters dropped Star's of Destiny? If so with a full group we could maybe do ML2.10 / 1.10 (Cetus is doable with 1fg as long as you've got the Mirror+ a couple of Rubies - the 2.10 mob Should be doable with 1fg(maybe a little more) as well if we're organised about it - though i'm not sure if they drop anything if sombody isn't getting credit for it.

Thoughts? Interest? Words of Warning? Anything really, i'm just trying to gather opinions at the moment.
Gama

2004-03-29 16:47:28  -  Re: Respec Stones...
Sounds like a nice idea :)
Skeggi

2004-03-29 16:58:42  -  Re: Respec Stones...
Gifv! Star of Destiny not so very uberwanted as other stones afaik tho. But it's nice to farm the keys anyway, or cetus cloak =)

Falldorn

2004-03-30 06:49:24  -  Re: Respec Stones...
I'll join such raids if Im online. My real life takes alot of my time these days, and I got the game FarCry - so havent had much time for daoc lately.

As for Full respec stones, I know Storka has one. Actually I have it on Falldorn, but its really Storkas. Dont think he plan on using it, so maybe he wants to sell/give away?
He however has computer problems at the momement so not sure when he's back online.

2004-03-30 07:02:41  -  Re: Respec Stones...
IM GAME!!!

Can bring either Elme or Arakan, but if we wacking cetus ill bring Elme he is logged there and REALLY need that ML1.10, so would be perfect for me :D
Kraig

2004-03-30 09:06:05  -  Re: Respec Stones...
Regarding to the ML2.10 I dont think it can be done with 1fg. I was in a party not long ago with 3fg(allthough 1group was more or less inactive) and we got killed plenty o' times before they(not me) gave up.
But Im game as I could use a stone too
Archeon

2004-03-30 15:09:22  -  Re: Respec Stones...
I'll err on the side of 2.10 for now, I do still think it could be done with 1fg (1.5) - the main problem would be the adds. With normal 2.10 raids only 1fg goes in to kill the mob and the adds are pulled by the outside groups. However, these adds are only yellow/orange con, so depending on how many people it takes to set the traps off could depend on whether we can do it or not.

I'm hopful about TG+DG though - ML1.10 raids Might be too much trouble, Kirk can be killed with 1fg as long as you don't get people setting off all those traps. However i'm unsure about the Mirror drop. (for Cetus death ray) - also Rubies, I'd have to look into that more.

Thanks to everyone who replied btw :)
Gama

2004-03-30 20:32:02  -  Re: Respec Stones...
the little snake mobs that spawn on 2.10 have less than 300 hp, single caster should be able to take care of them :)
Skeggi

2004-03-30 22:46:08  -  Re: Respec Stones...
2.10 is doable with a balanced FG, and I think you'll find it all a nice farmspot. What we need is:

2 shieldtanks
2 savages//berserkers
1 pbt runie
1 shammie
2 healers

and if we have more ppl that's fine as well, ppl for a 2nd group can be:

hunters, healers, shammies, skalds, thanes...basicly any melee class that can pull and ppl who can heal...should be doable.

afaik runi drops at least 1 key, which will give acces to very nice stuff...also: runi repops pretty fast, so is nicely chainable, while you need a shitload of rubies for cetus...but it is also a possibility...

Ralgedi

2004-03-31 09:09:34  -  Re: Respec Stones...
which ml step is that you get rubies from? would love to farm cetus since the cloak drop there is more likly to get for me then either cloudsong or the ml9 drop :)

and btw we should be albe to take the "boss" in DG i killede it twice with only a fg plus a off group shammy was pretty easy but it goes down slowly :)

Drops real nice stuff, stones and some other nice items dropped aswell
Group we used was something like:

Warrior
zerk/savage
zerk/savage
PBT runie
4 x Healer

Shammy

And lots power pots :)

Elme

2004-03-31 09:51:13  -  Re: Respec Stones...
Think ruby is from ML1.8 the one with the sharks
Skeggi

2004-03-31 09:55:20  -  Re: Respec Stones...
Raghildur wrote:
"Think ruby is from ML1.8 the one with the sharks"

it is =)

and i think i still have that harpie crown no-one needs =)

some mirrors would be nice as well tho, speeds things up a bit.

Gama

2004-04-03 21:44:07  -  Re: Respec Stones...
Hurry up and set a TG hunt for next week then :))

(between monday 5th and friday 9th) :)