Tiwaz's Emissaries » The Weary Traveller's Inn » Darn healers!

Create Guest Account (account required for posting) Log in
Thread started by Kindar New Messages  
Kindar

2004-03-17 14:45:59  -  Darn healers!
Right...im getting pretty annoyed on the amount of healers we have in TE. I guess you already know that. But as i see, people are missing pac healers in rvr or pve?
I got no left space on my character screen, although i have a sb which i used /lvl 20 on. Im gonna delete him...already got a stealther. Hunters own more than sbs imo :-P

So i think im going to surrender myself, to see the might from a healers view :-P
Anyways...i wanna go pac, but unsure about the rest. Mend/aug healers seems good too, but i can't stand just watching and healing. Pac seems fun...was at least when i played Meril's healer :-)

So...anyone got any good ideas how to spec a pac healer? Tbh i really don't care about im pac/aug or pac/mend.
Gimme some options :-P

/edit
Ahh yes...almost forgot. Any suggestions on what race to take? And what about starting points? 10 dex, con and pie?
I don't have TOA atm...don't think i would take Frostalf either thou. Dorf or Norse?
Daoc - Kindar Battlespirit - Norse Warrior *Inactive*
Age of Conan - Sanzor - Conqueror - *Inactive*
Edited by Kindar on 2004-03-17 14:49:38
Archeon

2004-03-17 15:27:27  -  Re: Darn healers!
imo go aug/mend up to 40 then respec. I'd say dwarf however, you'll benefit from from the extra con than you will the extra strength of a Norseman.

+10pie, con and Dex.

As for spec, I enjoy my hybrid Mend(40)/Pac(36) spec. However if you really think the insta AE stun is worth it you should go 44/44+ - some people would argue that you shouldn't go higher than 44 so you can still get atleast the first spreadheal, but then pretty much every healer has a spread heal these days. And PoM2 is a nice spell :)
Thorarin

2004-03-17 20:51:20  -  Re: Darn healers!
44 pac / 31 mend (or 30) for a true pacification healer.
Then there's 48 pac/23 mend (or so), but that's for n00b pac healers ;))

2004-03-17 22:34:09  -  Re: Darn healers!
Theres also 38pac 36aug 7mend :P
Thorarin

2004-03-18 00:01:21  -  Re: Darn healers!
Yeah, and Cyng is probably the only healer in the world going for that spec 8)
It might actually work, we'll see, hehe

2004-03-18 00:27:58  -  Re: Darn healers!
Viable RvR pac would be 44 pac, 31 mend indeed (my spec), but you need 1337 sk1llz ;p

Kindar

2004-03-18 13:02:14  -  Re: Darn healers!
Skeggi wrote:
"Viable RvR pac would be 44 pac, 31 mend indeed (my spec), but you need 1337 sk1llz ;p"

I know it requires some skill to make the right paccing around, mezzing etc. Although i thought most pac healers was 48 pac? It gives the last ae insta stun...although its just 1 sec stonger :-/
Thorarin

2004-03-18 13:32:21  -  Re: Darn healers!
Kindar wrote:
"I know it requires some skill to make the right paccing around, mezzing etc. Although i thought most pac healers was 48 pac?"

No, they aren't.. Like I said, only n00b pac healers ;)
Edited by Thorarin on 2004-03-18 13:32:32
Skeggi

2004-03-18 16:32:54  -  Re: Darn healers!
Thorarin wrote:
"Kindar wrote:
"I know it requires some skill to make the right paccing around, mezzing etc. Although i thought most pac healers was 48 pac?"

No, they aren't.. Like I said, only n00b pac healers ;)"

Nooo, not true: 48 pac healers are good stunbots for malmo pl groups ;p

Kindar

2004-03-19 10:09:16  -  Re: Darn healers!
I guess im aiming for the 44 pac then...dunno about the rest, but i guess getting 8 aug for the self str/con buff would be good. Or does it get overriden by the shammie str/con buff?
Archeon

2004-03-19 10:53:44  -  Re: Darn healers!
Kindar wrote:
"I guess im aiming for the 44 pac then...dunno about the rest, but i guess getting 8 aug for the self str/con buff would be good. Or does it get overriden by the shammie str/con buff?"

sef str/con shouldn't get overwritten I don't think, however the lowbie str/con is pretty pants by comparision to the average shaman conc version.

Depending on what you could get it would probably be better to get an extra level in mend.
Thorarin

2004-03-19 12:51:18  -  Re: Darn healers!
That self str/con is useless unless you plan on going without shammy buffs a lot. Pac healers can't function properly without high level shammy spec buffs anyway, they need to have optimal casting speed.
Edited by Thorarin on 2004-03-19 12:51:28