Tiwaz's Emissaries » Hunts & Raids » Ph34r Raid - Thursday 18th

Create Guest Account (account required for posting) Log in
Thread started by Archeon New Messages  
Archeon

2004-03-12 11:20:32  -  Ph34r Raid - Thursday 18th
Until RvR gets back on its feet the Ph34r Raids will be more turned towards achieving PvE goals (specifically ToA) - with the general idea being to help people get the more difficult artifacts.

We start to gather in Oceanus Haven from around 19:00(gmt) / 20:00(cet) and we'll work out where to go from there with what we have. Hopfully we'll get atleast one full group, if we get more we'll look into breaking down into two smaller groups (joined by BG) or somthing like that.

If you want help with a specific artifact it would be better to put it here as well so we can pre-plan what we're going to do.

FoTM classes would be preferable, however as this is a guild event nobody will be excluded if they don't fall into the coverted 'FoTM' bracket.

At the moment since Ph34r raids will be focusing on PvE i'm willing to lower the lvl req. (it has nothing to do with wanting to take Tao i swear ;)) to 35+ - be fore-warned though, the lvl req. will go back up once we start active RvR again

Ph34r Raid Screenshots
Ph34r R4id 1: The Dun Ping-Pong Saga!
Ph34r R4id 2: The Downed Server Saga!
Ph34r R4id 3: The Big Claw Saga
Ph34r R4id 4: The Much Ph34r Saga
Edited by Archeon on 2004-03-19 00:10:43
Kindar

2004-03-14 20:11:18  -  Re: Ph34r Raid - Thursday 18th
I cba with TOA yet...i still got plenty of chars to xp, so why have a leeching item to slow me down? :-P

Seriously...TOA looks like its killing the game. Newcomers will have a hard time in rvr due to artifacts, and the xping is more than screwed. People don't respect camps anymore...they just want to xp the damn item. I doubt im going to get TOA, unless im given it free.

Si is still wonders imo, and my warrior still kick ass...so why improve him more? :-P
Daoc - Kindar Battlespirit - Norse Warrior *Inactive*
Age of Conan - Sanzor - Conqueror - *Inactive*
Archeon

2004-03-14 20:48:59  -  Re: Ph34r Raid - Thursday 18th
Kindar wrote:
"Newcomers will have a hard time in rvr due to artifacts, and the xping is more than screwed. People don't respect camps anymore...they just want to xp the damn item. I doubt im going to get TOA, unless im given it free."

Those things have been around since long before ToA was released (even in the 'states) - Newcomers were having a hard time lvling because of the /level command as well as powerlvling, and an equally hard time in RvR because the 'RvR guilds' (and some randoms unfortunatly :/) would only accept RR5+ people. As for respecting camps, thats never changed - people have always 'stolen' camps from one another.

Kindar wrote:
"and my warrior still kick ass...so why improve him more? :-P"

Because then I might consider dueling him :P

And i'd have to disagree about ToA killing the game, if anything it does make a few posative changes

1. Plvling is more difficult, you can't exactly powerlvl sombody to ML10 and be uber within a fortnight.
2. Changes to SC making it impossible to actually 'cap' all your skills
3. Yummy graphics engine, obviously :)
4. Swimming - its put an interesting (atleast imo) twist on PvE, and atleast some of the trials are fun (ML2.5 - Chess fortehwin, Cetus was a good one too ^_^)

Of course, those are only my opinions.
Edited by Archeon on 2004-03-14 20:49:12
Skeggi

2004-03-15 10:29:03  -  Re: Ph34r Raid - Thursday 18th
Kindar wrote:
"I cba with TOA yet...i still got plenty of chars to xp, so why have a leeching item to slow me down? :-P

Seriously...TOA looks like its killing the game. Newcomers will have a hard time in rvr due to artifacts, and the xping is more than screwed. People don't respect camps anymore...they just want to xp the damn item. I doubt im going to get TOA, unless im given it free.

Si is still wonders imo, and my warrior still kick ass...so why improve him more? :-P"

Alot of RvR-die-hards were like you in the first place as well. But they found out ToA has some very fun PvE.

You know even Horsma likes ToA...so you whine more then a NP guy...shaaaame on you ;p

Edited by Skeggi on 2004-03-15 10:30:09
Archeon

2004-03-18 10:04:13  -  Re: Ph34r Raid - Thursday 18th
Leaning towards maybe doing the ML3 prequest atm. I know I havn't done it, but i'm not sure how many others havn't either. I'd like to get it out of the way, but i'm obviously going to have to kick you all harder.

Alternatly, might do some RvR instead. There was some activity in Emain last night, so we might get a few fights - or we could get zerged :)