Tiwaz's Emissaries » Hunts & Raids » Guild RvR Day

Create Guest Account (account required for posting) Log in
Thread started by Archeon New Messages 1 2
Archeon

2004-02-17 07:45:03  -  Guild RvR Day
Ok, so heres the thing - idea - early morning half asleep rant.

Tiwaz as a guild has never really been so much hunt orientated, we show up for the big realm wide stuff - however we don't really do much internally, not on a regular basis atleast.

So i was thinking we could maybe have an 'RvR day' type event, which is one day a week we all get together and go wtfpwn/get wtfpwned in one of the RvR zones.

I think its a good idea, but rather than just say 'show up at X on Y at Z' i figure a more diplomatic approch might be better, so what days/time would people be free to do some ArrVeeArr?

Submit yourself to the will of Archeon and post times and dates we could do this because it could be great if this could become a weekly thing.
Falldorn

2004-02-17 07:51:05  -  Re: Guild RvR Day
My MAN! - this is just what Elme and myself have been ranting about :)

Im definately up for it, my runie is set and rdy to go. He might need a respecstone when he hit lvl 50, but that shouldnt be a problem :)

I can play most weekdays from about 19:00 and until I have to get sleep. (got work each day). Weekends whenever I get up, unless I have other plans.
Edited by Falldorn on 2004-02-17 10:51:20
Elme

2004-02-17 07:57:31  -  Re: Guild RvR Day
WOOOOHOOOOO yeah this is EXACTLY what i like to hear!
Lets get something going...

So lets try and find that day! Think there have been talk about this before, and i even think we came up with monday as the azzkikr-day...

Anyway ill be ready Mon to Thu from 1900-2300... and maybe even sundays!

Got Elme level 48 Skald ready to rock!

Stil trying to level my savage only 36 so far though
Kraig

2004-02-17 10:49:43  -  Re: Guild RvR Day
Great .. Im game!

Available: Almost every weekday from 17.30 - midnight, Saturday after hangover have subsided enough to withstand the light from the screen til 3-4 in the night. Sunday most likely the same starting point as Saturday, but now only untill midnight.

/Kraig .. mend-bitch
Horned

2004-02-17 11:15:16  -  Re: Guild RvR Day
I cane stand in with following chars : Horned Reaper- Zerker ----- Sabya - Cave shamy ----- Reamo - Pac healer

normaly im avalabul after dinner time lets say 19:00 cet time every day migth be avalebul more in weekende but ahve 2 kids to take care of aswell :)

2004-02-17 14:35:12  -  Re: Guild RvR Day
I'm available most of the time so I won't bother posting times ;)

I usually RvR with Jydan, but I can even bring Thorarin if you somehow make sure I don't stand around being mezzed all the time :<

2004-02-18 01:59:54  -  Re: Guild RvR Day
tell me when ^^
although not thursday the 19th cos then we have a house dinner :)

Aylene 50 Savage at your service, but can also bring Lyseia the Hunter, Lupa the Shadowblade, Shaniah the Warrior... anyway take your pick, but i'm afraid my skald is a little lowlvl.
Jerelyn

2004-02-18 10:14:15  -  Re: Guild RvR Day
well well well.. good idea :))
i'm available every day, 24/7, until i get a job.

Kilix the uberneat wannabe leet mend/aug healer
Jerelyn the ubercool hardkicking Skald
and.. well.. then we have Ambush.. she's just there..

-Jerelyn

2004-02-19 10:48:21  -  Re: Guild RvR Day
Well I think you can guess my thoughts here: yay! 8)

But there's one thing: TE can't make regular viable fotm RvR-groups. You might think "so what, we'll run out with what we got" but that's not always exactly smart. Running out in RvR without good thoughts about strategics will end up in a disappointment. There are alot of very experienced hibbies and zerging albs out there, who will take a /random TE group within 3 secs. So if we make a /random group, we must discuss tactics first based on what chars we have, with what specs and what RvR experience. Another option is to level up as much fotm chars we're missing as possible: front-loaders as zerkers and savages we miss most. Other fotm chars are: skald, shammie (not full aug, but at least end regen 4), healers aug/mend, mend/pac and pac.

Archeon

2004-02-19 11:30:05  -  Re: Guild RvR Day
Well Tiwaz has always had enough Healers that should be a problem, and i've got Dynn (42aug) so thats the support side sorted. So if we just ran a thingie off the top of my head

Note: Anyone i didn't mention, this is just a speculative group setup to help provide an example - it is in no way a 'i only want these people, all others piss off' list ^_^

Skeggi - Freak of nature (:P)
Kilix - She's got resist buffs if i remember correctly
Dynn - t3h m4n!!one!!!
Elme - Skald (ok, so he's not 50)
Alyne - FoTM
Horned - Ex-FoTM
Thorarin - Gimp, but we can always use de-mez
Ralg - Cannon Fodder

So we've got more or less everything we'd need to setup a viable group (of sorts) - while i agree the point of Guild RvR should be to earn RP imo it should primarily be about having fun (afterall, whats the point if you don't enjoy yourself?) and trying new things. Who knows, we might stumble upon a group setup which would become the new FoTM group spec :)

As for tactics, i agree - but we should wait and see what we have before going into that in too great a detail.

On a side note, at the moment i'm leaning towards Thursday evenings (say around 1800hrs) as that seems to be a day everyone is avalible. But nothing for certain yet.
Edited by Archeon on 2004-02-19 11:30:30
Dalekon

2004-02-19 17:48:09  -  Re: Guild RvR Day
Add one more healer to the RvR picture.
Cyng, 45 Pac/Aug (The world domination healer!)
And ofcourse
Dalekon, 50 rr4! (He can run, to or from battles, it's all the same)

As for dates, whenever I'm on I'm good to go RvR :)
Skeggi

2004-02-20 00:59:45  -  Re: Guild RvR Day
Archeon wrote:
"
Who knows, we might stumble upon a group setup which would become the new FoTM group spec :)"

Well tbh those chances are rather slim arch. And indeed we should have fun all, but it's very frustrating porting and buffing taking over more then 20 minutes and getting yourself killed in less then a minute, so for fun's sake: I really recommend a fotm setup, or something which differs slightly (max 1 char).

Further; you're running behind on fotm's arch; zerkers are just as wanted in RvR groups as savages.

Elme

2004-02-20 07:12:43  -  Re: Guild RvR Day
Well im all ready for it, 1 more bob then Elme is 48½, and im sure kraig, storka and falldorn wanna join too so its actually not far from getting 2 FG up and running :D

So if we can get another skald, and a few more we got another group, so im kidna hoping 1 fotm and 1 mixed, should have decent chance against some of the medium groups albs and hibs throw at us...

This is just my theory talking as i have NO facts what so ever :D
Edited by Elme on 2004-02-20 07:18:38
Kraig

2004-02-20 11:39:29  -  Re: Guild RvR Day
Raghildur, you mostly babble anyway but this time you actually made sence.
Of course Im in, with my 46.5 Mend/pac healer(mending is the way to go!).
Of course I hope to be level 50 at the time we group, but thats just my mind babbling on ;)

/Kraig .. mind-bitch
Falldorn

2004-02-20 11:42:51  -  Re: Guild RvR Day
Kraig wrote:
"/Kraig .. mind-bitch"

And now you brag - usually you are a mend-bitch, now its mind-bitch?

You a blonde healer Kraig ? ;)

2004-02-20 12:05:18  -  Re: Guild RvR Day
Raghildur wrote:
"Well im all ready for it, 1 more bob then Elme is 48½, and im sure kraig, storka and falldorn wanna join too so its actually not far from getting 2 FG up and running :D"

Well you're looking at this very positive. But indeed, if it can be done, about 1.5 fg of TE doesn't need to be Fotm and we can still pwn some hibs and albs. We still need more damage output on tanks tho <levelling zerker>...

Kindar

2004-02-21 10:51:38  -  Re: Guild RvR Day
Rvr bad! :-P

As i might be starting again to play, i can always stand ready with my warrior. Don't have any other lvl 50s yet ^^

Dosen't have to be fotm grp. I had a great laugh when a shammie, mend healer, 3 warrior and 3 thanes went to Odins and we beated a hib caster grp. Was fun :-)
Daoc - Kindar Battlespirit - Norse Warrior *Inactive*
Age of Conan - Sanzor - Conqueror - *Inactive*
Storka

2004-02-22 13:40:27  -  Re: Guild RvR Day
I'd love to join in the fun. A weekly guild RvR day would be nothing short of spectacular imo. Can't really play regularly until medio March, but I stand ready for battle with Storka 50 cave/aug shammy. At that time I shall be available most evenings of the week, and weekends too. Tuesdays and Thursdays I will be unable to attend before 20.30 pm CET

/Storka

2004-02-22 13:56:54  -  Re: Guild RvR Day
How is that TE stealth gank grp coming? Looks like several are having some 50 stealthers now :-P
Pity Iri haven't showed up in some time, since she had her hunter lvled :-/
And my hunter just needs 10 lvls :-P
Daoc - Kindar Battlespirit - Norse Warrior *Inactive*
Age of Conan - Sanzor - Conqueror - *Inactive*
Grinna

2004-02-22 18:35:34  -  Re: Guild RvR Day
Sure im in, and since Skeggi is the only one with a "none-super TE 4 teh win, we'll pwn and have some fun" i think we should be able to do it:D.. im on with a 47.5 mend(40)/aug(36) healer.. and it will soon be 50.. it goes with the speed of light.. oh yeah and will prolly get PR real soon too.

Mondays suck.. im playing chess that day, and so does wednesday since im playing cricket..
all other days i should easily be able to make it
1 2