Tiwaz's Emissaries » The Weary Traveller's Inn » Excalibur unstable/down

Create Guest Account (account required for posting) Log in
Thread started by Kraig New Messages  
Kraig

2003-11-16 17:25:31  -  Excalibur unstable/down
From the news at GOA:

Excalibur shutdown
[2003-16-11]
Excalibur will be down for several more hours of emergency hardware maintenance.
We hope to have Excalibur back online as quickly as possible. We apologize for the delays for all our Excalibur players.
Edited by Thorarin on 2004-01-09 20:01:16
Elme

2003-11-17 12:06:58  -  Re: Excalibur unstable/down
one more from GOA

Hello all,

This is just a small news to assure you that we are still patching today despite yesterday's server problems. We are still investigating what the cause was, and we will keep you updated throughout the day, both on this and on patch progress.

Morto

2004-01-07 05:41:15  -  Re: Excalibur unstable/down
And now again - twice in a few days time.
They'd better not fark up 16th-18th of jan., we are planning some heavy ass whacking!
Kindar

2004-01-07 06:45:14  -  Re: Excalibur unstable/down
It bugs me..pretty annoying your server is down, even thou you payed for it. GOA gets more and more surprising...
Givf Blizzard servers! ^^
Daoc - Kindar Battlespirit - Norse Warrior *Inactive*
Age of Conan - Sanzor - Conqueror - *Inactive*
Thorarin

2004-01-09 20:03:09  -  Re: Excalibur unstable/down
Kindar wrote:
"It bugs me..pretty annoying your server is down, even thou you payed for it. GOA gets more and more surprising...
Givf Blizzard servers! ^^"

LOL, funny :P
The payment thing is rather pointless, hardware and software can fail at times, and downtime is compensated for in subscription time..

2004-01-14 08:38:09  -  Re: Excalibur unstable/down
Kindar you're not saying you like bnet? I have to say when I first played Daoc (and I came straight from Diablo 2) I was amazed about how good the server was. Now it's having difficulties and yeah you pay for it, and that's why they try and fix it...didn't try that at bnet.

On another note: putting up a server seems to be pretty hard since Thor and Agreiloth can't set up their own server decently for that silly game of theirs ;p