Create Guest Account (account required for posting) Log in
Thread started by Hjakold New Messages  
Hjakold

2003-09-02 21:40:02  -  warrior
i need some help how i shall specc a warrior, :P
Murderous

2003-09-03 07:24:54  -  Re: warrior
50 in weapon
42 in shield to get slam or go all the way to 50 in shield, a matter of taste i think.
the rest in parry.

that is the only specs for a warrior i know of.

2003-09-03 08:02:00  -  Re: warrior
My warrior got 50 weapon, 50 shield and 28 parry. Go for 50 shield...the last shield style is good if you are soloing in emain or odins. Its good too in duels. Requires less end than Slam.
You alos block a lot more.
Daoc - Kindar Battlespirit - Norse Warrior *Inactive*
Age of Conan - Sanzor - Conqueror - *Inactive*
Elme

2003-09-03 11:14:24  -  Re: warrior
Well with 50 in shield you might block more than 42, but if you use all those points from 42 to 50 in parry, ill guess you will parry a GREAT deal more...

Think its a matter of prefference.
Kindar

2003-09-04 14:50:49  -  Re: warrior
You can go for more parry...but my warrior parry more than he blocks. Parry do come first on defence before shield, but it depends what you are fighting against. More parry is good against dual wielders, but less good at 2h wielders.
So its up to you :-)
Kindar

2003-09-04 14:52:11  -  Re: warrior
If you get help with PL and you don't have to do anything ^^ then just spec shield and parry and let your weapons auto train. Then you get 12 free points in all your weapons.
You can't do any damage thou :-)
Thorarin

2003-09-04 14:59:58  -  Re: warrior
I didn't spec any weapon for my first levels as Warrior, using shield styles only. You would need endurance regeneration but otherwise you can kill fairly normally :)

Decided to start speccing anyway pretty early on though, I can get an extra point in Parry now at level 50, and would have to autotrain till 44 for another point.. didn't feel much like doing so :)

2003-09-05 08:26:56  -  Re: warrior
So if you spec 42 shield and autotrain to level 50 you get 2 more parries or do you "only" have to autotrain to level 44
Thorarin

2003-09-06 15:01:24  -  Re: warrior
Only to level 44 for 2 extra parry, though 48 is better if you also want to spec some Throwing Weapons <grin>

I decided to autotrain to 12 at the time, gives me only 2 Throwing Weapons, but 29 parry (at 50 shield).

The 1 point in parry won't matter much, but I just did it to be able to say my spec was better than the average 50-shield warrior 8)