Tiwaz's Emissaries » The Weary Traveller's Inn » The funny/sadest thing...

Create Guest Account (account required for posting) Log in
Thread started by Hagart New Messages  
Hagart

2003-08-12 14:29:38  -  The funny/sadest thing...
Yesterday while i was on my way to solo back Nott for my small weak Middy m8s, the game suddenly mininizes and up came this, funny little message from: NT/WIN32/ATHORITY, telling me some bullshit about something in my Windows is not right....it turns out microsoft somehow found out our WIN XP was not "quite" legal, so after 1min the whole comp reboots, after which the whole thing happens all over and over and over, spam->>>>>
so untill we get hold of a new "not so legal" version of XP or, i get him talked into buying a legal version, u wount be seeing much of me...wich me luck=)

2003-08-12 19:16:15  -  Re: The funny/sadest thing...
Tsk, tsk...

Still i agree MS have gone off the deep-end with all this legal bullshit. We've got a copy of 'Office XP' (still not Windows XP though, i'm still using 98 ^_^ ). And each time i try to install it i need to enter a different CD-key (which means i have to phone up MS - explain i formatted my PC and have to re-install it - get a new CD key - type in said CD key - wait for registration - Etc - Etc), and ofcourse if/when i reformat i have to do the whole god-damn thing all over again!!!
Kindar

2003-08-12 22:00:59  -  Re: The funny/sadest thing...
Hagart...its not a thing which found out you have a non legal XP...its a virus. Its named Blaster and fucks around in your firewall, ip and such. Try take your lan cable out and you wont get the message next time you reboot.
You can find the news about it on most news websites and a link from there with a fixt o remove the program (virus)
Its well know from yesterday in Denmark, but too Sweden.
Daoc - Kindar Battlespirit - Norse Warrior *Inactive*
Age of Conan - Sanzor - Conqueror - *Inactive*
Hagart

2003-08-13 15:06:39  -  Re: The funny/sadest thing...
thx i might just try that thn u know, xure would be nice if we didn't have to format the whole comp again

2003-08-18 08:31:05  -  Re: The funny/sadest thing...
If its the blasted Blaster virus, check here
Should be info on the virus, and links to how to remove it+ patch your Windows.

2003-08-19 21:49:09  -  Re: The funny/sadest thing...
it was msblaster and it's dead now=)........but for how long!!!!???=)