Tiwaz's Emissaries » The Weary Traveller's Inn » Guild House

Create Guest Account (account required for posting) Log in
Thread started by Thorarin New Messages 1 2
Thorarin

2003-06-25 22:34:21  -  Guild House
With Foundations live in the USA, I think now is a good time to discuss what we want and how we're going to do it :)

So far most of the people I've heard about it would like to see a Mansion level house if possible. This would cost 100p one-time for the house, plus the lot price. I think that if we want a decent lot for the house we'll have to think of reserving 50p for the purpose.

Kallio has suggested we start doing guild hunts to start raising funds ahead of time, which would be a good start :)
After the Foundations expansion goes live we'd need a weekly guild hunt for upkeep costs, assuming nobody volunteers any cash or uses up bounty points.

That sums up things I've heard so far. Any thoughts? :)

2003-06-26 08:28:22  -  Re: Guild House
Well.. Okay, it would be great with an mansion.. But if.. We get an house area first... It's gonna be at 100p.. and i dun wanna pay 100p if someone else gets it for 20p^^

Anyways.. This weekly guild hunt till never work.. Since we've already discussed that about the PL / TG hunt..

But the lot is the thirst thing.. But anyways, ;) Even before that.. Let's try and gather some money...

And another thing.. the one that's not up for paying, shall niether be able to walk arround the house.. I think that's fair. If you are level 20, then pay 5 gold.. You've tried your best.. But if not at all.. then you dont deserve an key to our "mini-keep"

/ Regards, Nunnan

2003-06-26 11:22:04  -  Re: Guild House
First I'd like to say that weekly hunts, or even almost daily hunts WILL work. Just don't make them that big as a TG or Dragon Raid. DF seal farming requires a small lot of people, with bit more you can do princes. Wow-hunting is also doable with just 1 fg, and if you're on your own, try to get in lair and get rich. Use ur immagination, you don't need big uber 5fg+ groups for money. Anyway as soon as me pc works again (typing on Shaniah's right now) I'll be up for some serious money-farming (was doing that till it crashed and died)...and then of course I'm willing to give all me money except 20g (for horses and portal scrolls) to the guild for a nice spot + house.

Anyway it's best to collect about as much money as possible asap for everyone now, if we want to look like a decent guild. I agree with Nun on the everyone try his best part, and I think if everyone tries his best, I think we can have a mansion on the best spot possible with all the perks (aye Thorarin! pay up!).

Well GL all and happy farming ^^

Jerelyn

2003-06-26 15:15:29  -  Re: Guild House
i would happily sponsor the guildhouse with a Lathe (as i'm a fletcher) and also a grandmaster merchant for crafting. and ofcourse i will try to attend the guild hunts for fund raising to the house aswell :)

-Jerelyn

2003-06-26 16:52:24  -  Re: Guild House
Well now. Guess I'd have to make my contribution. Ofcourse I'll pay some of the 'house' itself too, but other than that, I'm willing to throw in an Alchemy Table (mostly for my own good ofcourse), a BindStone and a GrandMaster Merchant. :)

I hope other people will follow in doing things like these. And alittle followup on what Thorarin said. I don't think it will be wise to go for a mansion after alittle consideration. I think the weekly cost will be too large for us to handle. And I know we're not always farming, although lately (before we started moving that is) we were farming a great deal. :) (hopefully that'll start again, once we get internet at the new place)

May Tyr guide our path.

2003-06-26 21:27:34  -  Re: Guild House
Guilds will be able to use guild bounty points for upkeep instead of gold. So we'd only need to get 2000 bounty points per week to maintain a mansion (right now we have about 200,000 GBPs, or 200 platinum in rent).

Even 2 reasonably RvR active players can provide for that, so I think it should be possible for an entire guild?
Edited by Thorarin on 2003-06-26 21:28:18
Archeon

2003-06-26 22:09:41  -  Re: Guild House
Count me in to help in any way i can. I won't be able to afford my own little place so i might as well work my ass off to make sure the guild has a nice place at the very least :)
Thorarin

2003-06-26 22:44:48  -  Re: Guild House
That's nice to hear :)
I'm still doing some brainstorming myself, maybe I'll make a poll about the subject soon.

In the meantime, if everyone feel free to farm guild house money :)

2003-06-27 07:27:58  -  Re: Guild House
I will try and help guild as much as i can...

But as arch said, i will tho try and get my own little shuffle... if i get an lot under 2p that is :)

2003-06-27 12:22:46  -  Re: Guild House
arch said he wouldnt get a private house!? hmm....i'm confused...

Thorarin

2003-06-27 16:49:24  -  Re: Guild House
No, Nunnan is ;)

2003-06-27 17:39:01  -  Re: Guild House
I've done lots of calculating and thinking (about 10 secs total) and come to the surising conclusion that i'll never be able to get a house of me own ;)

So whatever plans there are for a Guild Hall, be it big or little, I'll help :)

/edit Maybe a little DG or when DF is open DF raid, all you need to get some nice cash is 1fg there, maybe even some WoW killing can help :)
Edited by Dalekon on 2003-06-27 17:40:47
Thorarin

2003-06-27 22:20:34  -  Re: Guild House
I'm always up for WoW killing as I still need a belt, but I don't know much about 'em or how to hunt them..
I just run into them when I don't want to ;)
Edited by Thorarin on 2003-06-27 22:23:04
Kindar

2003-06-28 03:45:49  -  Re: Guild House
Well...not the biggest way i can provide money atm, since im still trying to hit lgm AC. Although i got a little idea when i was exploring SI.
I got a few drops...some are quite nice. I'll try and famr some and sell em on BW. Should provide a little.

Morngrip is prolly soon getting in lair...so if he can get some hauberk there...hinge hinge! :-)
Dunno about i can afford at the time...but im in for buying the forge :-)
Daoc - Kindar Battlespirit - Norse Warrior *Inactive*
Age of Conan - Sanzor - Conqueror - *Inactive*
Archeon

2003-06-28 08:26:49  -  Re: Guild House
If we did a few 'Quote/Unquote' EXP raids to Trollhielm, they drop lots of Random shit. The armour could be salvaged for Netherium/Arcranium and the RO objects could be sold via BW or somthing. AND At the same time we'd be able to accomodate people wanting to level (though i think we'd probably need the group to consist of mostly lvl 50's to make it work)

The same could be applicable to TG, but i think overall this is probably the better option. seals in DF are all nice and good but everyone knows this so its usually got loads of people running arround the diamond area's. TH/TG and Ilarn to an extent are all vastly under-used areas, whcih translates into more Mobs = More items = more camp bonus.

Still thats just my opinion, Put a hunts section into the forum so that we can arrange a few hunts ^_^
Gorb_retired

2003-07-10 20:10:03  -  Re: Guild House
I think best way to gain money is either malmohus at lair or DF. Malmo loots a worth alot and DE armors and weapons give up good money when salvaged and trinketed. In DF the guild can easily get 150diamonds in a short time. Those diamonds would be worth around 2.5P, with lots of 800+ crafters in the guild it will be quite fast to trinket them.

2003-07-14 16:34:29  -  Re: Guild House
On the topic of going to malmo i'd have to say i wouldn't go unless it was to one of the less used areas (E.g. the Lake area behind the forest).

Mainly cause i know how much it pisses people off when guild groups come along to malmo and start pulling everything in sight with no regard for those that are trying to XP
Skeggi

2003-07-17 20:34:26  -  Re: Guild House
Malmo? Blegh ;p

We make better money in DF or any other place else anyway.

Kindar

2003-07-24 15:45:32  -  Re: Guild House
I'll try to farm some sapp seals...not that good at taking diamond mobs :-)
So i try to farm 100 sapp seals each day....i can't promise it, but i'll try :-)
Kindar

2003-07-25 22:04:26  -  Re: Guild House
Seems good so far...200 sapp seals and growing :-)
1 2