Tiwaz's Emissaries » The Weary Traveller's Inn » PvP-server..

Create Guest Account (account required for posting) Log in
Thread started by Tarrasque New Messages 1 2
Tarrasque

2002-11-10 20:35:04  -  PvP-server..
Hiya all..

With the upcoming PvP-server nearing us so fast, that one should think that Grilf had casted his überhaste on it, I would like some info about what, when and why.

First of all, I'd like to know who's gonna go, because I (for one) would like to keep in touch on that server too, if possible. I know the PvP-server is for general all vs. all, but I just have some strong bonds to the people I know. So I, for one, wont be the one doublecrossing someone else.

I've been thinking alittle.. Some of us had some fun on Gorre. We made Tiwaz, just to make the impression, that we're here too, but that was on Gorre. I don't know what people's thoughts about this is, but I've been wondering if Tiwaz will be made on the actual PvP-server too? I guess it depends alittle on who's in and who's not. Because I, for one, don't want to 'steal' something from another server, that hasn't been approved by the original makers.

Hmm.. well, I guess that's about it for now. I hope to hear some replies from you people. I know I'm gonna be around there from time to time, with my upcoming Paladin. :)

Until next time.. take care!

2002-11-10 20:49:40  -  Re: PvP-server..
thinking seriously about making a Minstrel in the PVP server, and although Tiwaz's emissaries may sound a little too midgardian, perhaps we can stick together a little?
especially for the people who won't be there 24/7. just a nice little group who look after one another. any thoughts?
Jerelyn

2002-11-10 22:12:48  -  Re: PvP-server..
well.. I already got enough of the PvP server on testbasis. so if i'm gonna go play there, it's only for timekilling.
first of all, because i can't find my way round in Albion, nor Hibernia. and i'd really hate creating a new char, i don't wanna play with.
well.. just my thoughts ppl :)

-Jerelyn

2002-11-10 22:55:33  -  Re: PvP-server..
Well, i played the PvP test for a while and most people are so good as to not kill you on plain sight, however soloing is almost IMPOSSIBLE, only safe if u find a very very very empty spot else you can count of the usual joker walking by and kill you for fun while your half dead :/

Dueling is common, but is usually spoiled thanks the the above named passing by joker who picks a random side and more then once kills both dualists again :/

Remember however that most poeple are very nice and are not aggressive towards you untill you are aggressive towards them.

Also I think that when the real srever comes the behaviour of randomly killing poeple without any warning will be alot less, also cause most poeple will probably join a guild.

Thats about it, so all in all I advice you to try it out with a test char and if you make a real char dont put your safety shield off( /safety off command) which prohibits other poeple from killing you untill level 10 or so.

Also one more interresting point, you dont loose constitution when killed by a mob, you loose con when killed by a player so being killed by mobs is not that annoying :)

Agreiloth

2002-11-11 11:20:22  -  Re: PvP-server..
I will be there, and I think we should start a guild, depending on how many we will be there. We could join another guild, but that could leave some of us out, and I don't want that to happen. Lets start a guild where all Tiwaz members are welcome, and then try to get a good relationship with CE and other largish guilds, who for certain are gonna powerlvl to 50.

I'm personally gonna make a Healer, and I'll prob. have a bard too only for fun though (they'r soo fun, solo too :)

I guess it up to the founding fathers if the guilds name can be Tiwaz, if not lets find another good name ! ;)

Thats my 2p.

Btw. my main server will still be Excal, I've spent too many hours on Agrei just to start all over again on PvP =)

/Agreiloh - Enough of that n00b talk OK?
Edited by Agreiloth on 2002-11-11 11:23:32
Barbaric

2002-11-11 13:54:43  -  Re: PvP-server..
Ill be on pvp server.. not for long tho cuz it really aint that fun when a grp puts stick on u and wait 4 ur "after death safety" to go away. (u know ur doomed so it sucks, but it happens alot if u just killed most of em)

Imm be playing a midgard char ofc. i still donno if its a skald or zerker (i REALLY wanted a kobold zerker, but lame its impossible) therefor it might be a kobold skald. Its far from sure yet tho.
Eek - 42 BD
Ananwan - 25 Wizard
Arrw - 25 ValeWalker
Archeon

2002-11-11 22:28:19  -  Re: PvP-server..
I already have a plan for PvP, sadly this plan involves the speedy lvling of a void eldritch or another powerful (long range) AEer.

not that i don't like you guys or anything, but i seriously fear for your safety if suddenly a CE hunting party is blown away by yours truely with no warning and they see its sombody from tiwaz :D
Nausea

2002-11-12 12:06:39  -  Re: PvP-server..
U got me to play with if u guys wanna do that ill play with u and i dont mind which realm u want to start on
Thorden

2002-11-12 18:33:09  -  Re: PvP-server..
I'm already sorted, but after trying Gorre I'm having serious doubts about it, we'll see..

2002-11-13 06:21:26  -  Re: PvP-server..
For a time i seriously considered going to pvp server as main, but atm i dont have even the time to do the last 3 levels for my thane to get 50 nor do i have even time to decently level fly....so i doubt ill be going there.

Graav

2002-11-16 18:53:58  -  Re: PvP-server..
I'm going to the PvP server just for fun, gonna have an uber Blademaster ;)
How much time I'll spend on it remains to be seen, if Tiwaz starts there in any form that will ofc be a good thing :)

2002-11-17 14:42:55  -  Re: PvP-server..
Guys already got a level 11 Druid on PvP and things r looking good for all those that dont know watch out for the pesky enchanter campers that nuke the crap otta everything, I dont spose they will do anything about the enchanters which r far over powered for the PvP server but u never know.
Barbaric

2002-11-17 21:10:41  -  Re: PvP-server..
As spore said, im gonna be a chanter, got a lvl 15 chanter atm and... well.. THEY OWN!!!!
Only class that been able to kill me so far is a skald and most stealthers whit a decent "stealth skill".
Cuz of my pets nuke snare i ususalle get away from full grps.. (nuke em all 1 time whit the pet).

Im gonna mana specc so i wont be useless 4 the grp
Eek - 42 BD
Ananwan - 25 Wizard
Arrw - 25 ValeWalker
Spore

2002-11-18 06:12:24  -  Re: PvP-server..
Na ive kiled lots of enchanters with a AE root and set my pet on the enchanter a few DOTs spells then bash the little sod with my club till the head caves in hehe and the pet is still rooted but they r a pain in the butt it's seems to be a case of who sees who first but it did take me 1 hour to get out of camelot city because a guild called the german knights camped both gate ways and nuked everything in site in the end i gave up and went back to hib land where it seems to of settled down alot with no more mindless ganking on site.
Edited by Spore on 2002-11-18 06:13:59
Barbaric

2002-11-18 16:01:06  -  Re: PvP-server..
That wuldent work on me when im past lvl 25 Spore, if u root my pet it will go mad whit nukes, and if u root me i quickcast stun ya and my pet finished u off, if u send ur pet on my pet ill DD ya in a few nukes :) only 2.0 cast time on DD and the stun lasts 7-8 sec on a orange/yellow.

(when ur pet hits me it will brake root and ill be long gone whit sprint too)
Eek - 42 BD
Ananwan - 25 Wizard
Arrw - 25 ValeWalker
Edited by Barbaric on 2002-11-18 16:03:56
Dalekon

2002-11-19 08:28:13  -  Re: PvP-server..
Well got a level 9 fire wizzie now, very nice and enchanters (at least of lower levels) arent that much of a problem, quickcast bolt KABOOM! byebye chanter :D

And one more thing, thuergists are as much annoying as a enchanter, maybe even more cause u get loads and loads of pets on your head, but then again, quickcast bolt KABOOM! byebye Thuergie :D
Edited by Dalekon on 2002-11-19 08:30:18
Skiro

2002-11-20 03:34:27  -  Re: PvP-server..
Havnt read'd all messages for this thread but i think i got the feeling that people have problem with finding around in Albion and Hibernia and are not up to make a Mid char? :) ... I can show ppl places in Albion, atleast i have been playing there for allmost 3months before i came to Midgard, and i actually made a level 17 Wizard on the Gorre Test-PVP Server, a piece of advice if you want to survive better to the level 30+ make something pbaoe or Mezzing to mezz ppl who want to kill you, trust me ppl really wanna kill you :P ... If anyone needs help with finding around in Albion i'll be glad to help, i can might help with some templates and so if anyone dont know how to make their char.

2002-11-20 12:51:44  -  Re: PvP-server..
I can bring u around in hib until lvl 15.. however after lvl 15 xping in hib gets bad :) Ofc u wanna go back there to lvl 40-50.. :P (the mobs at the dragon got shit hp)
Eek - 42 BD
Ananwan - 25 Wizard
Arrw - 25 ValeWalker
Agreiloth

2002-11-20 15:52:20  -  Re: PvP-server..
Well Crash my healer can take an Enchater easy.. AE mezz, stun chanter.. then kill the chanter..
I dont need many hits with the dmg add and shield =). At higher lvls it will just be easier for me to kill a chanter (instant mezz stun and heal) =)

Well were on the same team soo =)

But seriously no caster or stealther can solo a well specced healer! Just ask Grilf or Stunning ;)

/Agreiloth - Raising a Wannabe PvP Healer =)

2002-11-21 20:39:07  -  Re: PvP-server..
Heh well i aint the type runnign around killin' healer so they wont be my enemys :) Sometimes i even wonder to play a skald but theres just 1 thing i dont like about em.. they are so damn weak until lvl 10-12 (there they got assault style if u havent maxed BS from start)
Eek - 42 BD
Ananwan - 25 Wizard
Arrw - 25 ValeWalker
1 2