Tiwaz's Emissaries » The Weary Traveller's Inn » Our mIRC Channel...

Create Guest Account (account required for posting) Log in
Thread started by Skiro New Messages  
Skiro

2002-09-17 23:08:23  -  Our mIRC Channel...
I thought about if we shouldnt try keep our great irc channel more in top so we can reach eachother outside Dark Age of Camelot, to them who dont knows where to get an irc it can be downloaded at www.mirc.com - i'm allways in the channel so i hoped others will be it too - or am i just a crazy git? :P

2002-09-18 01:42:35  -  Re: Our mIRC Channel...
I wouldn't mind hanging around in there whilst I'm in work, but I can't go around installing an IRC client on our machines. Anyone got any suggestions of ways that I could log in? Are there any web-based IRC clients out there that might work?

2002-09-18 15:45:44  -  Re: Our mIRC Channel...
Storm Clouds (my old Diablo II clan) had an irc client as a chat room on our clan site. It worked, sometimes, but not all IRC options worked. Might be enough for simple chatting though.

I for one won't use the IRC channel much, because I hate IRC :) but that's just personal
Thorarin

2002-09-18 17:17:36  -  Re: Our mIRC Channel...
Yes we did Shaniah, but Quakenet does not have such an option.

(due to security reasons the IRC applet would need to be the Quakenet server you're connecting to)
Edited by Thorarin on 2002-09-18 17:18:07
Dwy

2002-09-19 08:24:30  -  Re: Our mIRC Channel...
go to www.sveskebanden.dk and go to chat.. there you got directly connection to quakenet
Jerelyn

2002-09-22 02:37:33  -  Re: Our mIRC Channel...
Sveskebanden?? eew.. sounds nasty to me!

2002-09-23 08:56:21  -  Re: Our mIRC Channel...
Hehe Jere, it's a Danish or Swedish Counter-strike clan, dont remember :P
-
Btw the client Shaniah was talking about, i could maybe be able to make one of those, Thor QuakeNet does have those kinda options :P
Edited by Skiro on 2002-09-23 08:57:49
Thorarin

2002-09-24 07:45:19  -  Re: Our mIRC Channel...
Uhh, no they don't.. You can place an IRC applet on any server, but the browser's default security settings wouldn't allow it to connect to Quakenet. That has nothing to do with Quakenet, but with applet limitations.

That's the reason the website mentioned gives you a security warning, and I'll have none of that here ;)
Edited by Thorarin on 2002-09-24 07:46:50